Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Uh Oh!!! I may need therapy...

Hi, my name is Kimmi and I'm an addict... in-the-hoop embroidery addict! LOL I have started with ITH embroidery and I can't stop!!!

I bought my embroidery machine about 8 months ago and had only used it 3 or 4 times to do very menial projects. The fact is, I was afraid to mess up a project, to mess up my machine, afraid to try out all the features on my machine. I stuck to just a couple very simple patterns so I got bored with it very quickly. I used the excuse, it's too much trouble to get everything out to do one project, I don't have the right fabric I want to use, I don't have time... What a dummy!

I have one simple rule I have lived by my whole adult life: If we don't use something for 6 months it gets donated to Goodwill, a church, or someone else who can put it to good use, no matter the cost, or where it came from. * this rule stems from my mother being a hoarder all my life, which I hated, and still do.

So with this rule in mind, I thought if I got rid of a brand new embroidery machine, I would be wasting A LOT of money. I decided to get it out and put it to good use. I pushed myself through the fear of breaking it, of messing up and have tried so many different projects only to find SUCCESS!

I've done tee shirts, a pants suit for my grand daughter, a dress, dish towels, bath towels, coasters, and all the cute novelty items I have been posting. By far, my favorite type of project is the In-the-hoop ones! They are cute, fun, and so easy to stitch up. Just follow the patterns and you'll have a cute completed project in no time.

Here's some of the new shop items I made today:




Anyone who is afraid to try ITH embroidery, should really just GO FOR IT! and give it a try. I promise, you'll find at least one pattern you love.

Two of my favorite places to get ITH patterns is:
Embroidery Garden and Smart Needle Be sure to check these out.

Well, it's time for me to get some sleep so I can get up early and get some stitching in before Turkey Time!

Happy crafting and Happy Thanksgiving,
Kimmi

0 comments:

Post a Comment